Country Manager with a strong commercial focus/background
Company description for the vacancy Country Manager
Qvantum's purpose is to empower the many people with thin wallets to live a life without dependencies on fossil fuels.
As the world transitions from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources, Qvantum has developed a solution to address a significant challenge that has yet to be solved: providing carbon-neutral heating and cooling for our cities.
At Qvantum, our unique team comprises experts from both the heat pump and energy industries, developing technology that accelerates the transition to emission-free heating and cooling. Qvantum is a fast-growing industrial scale-up, that has secured key competences, financing, and production capacity to create a more sustainable and efficient way to decarbonize our cities.
Our team believes in challenging the status quo and embracing innovation to achieve seemingly impossible goals. We encourage open communication and inclusivity in our flat organizational structure to help each individual contribute to making a difference. We offer a supportive work environment that fosters professional development, personal growth, and collaboration with dynamic and forward-looking team members.
Do you share our purpose, wants to co-create the future with us and contribute to a more sustainable world? Join us on our exciting journey!
Qvantum raised €42M end of last year from a group of high-profile investors, creating the platform for growth and the long-term perspective, experience and resources needed to scale Qvantum to a major European heat pump company. The lead investors are IMAS Foundation, owner of INGKA Group that operates most of the IKEA stores globally, and Thomas von Koch, partner and ex CEO of EQT (ranked as the third largest private equity fund). In addition, there are investors as Munters, a global leader in energy-efficient air treatment and climate solutions, Mats Rahmström, CEO of Atlas Copco who joins Qvantum as industrial advisor, and more.
Qvantum has established a subsidiary in UK, and another is currently being set up in Germany. The Netherlands is the next market in line. The purpose of the subsidiary is to develop the sales channel for the Qvantum heat pumps as well as ensuring high standard of after sales services. Starting up in a 5th country is scheduled for this year. In addition, Qvantum is establishing Distributor agreements throughout Europe. Qvantum’s goal is to become a major supplier of heat pumps to the European market.
Job description for the vacancy Country Manager
For the role as Country Manager / MD we are seeking a highly experienced Director to develop and lead our Dutch sales team and drive revenue growth in the local market. The candidate we are looking for will have a proven track record from sales leadership in the heat pump industry (or ancillary industries), a deep understanding of the industry, and the ability to establish a team that will make an impact on the heat pump market.The ideal candidate will have an extensive experience and network in the industry and also the desire to build a heat pump sales business from scratch.
- Build a team that can grow the sales quickly and provide training as well as after sales services that meet the customers’ need
- Develop and implement a national sales strategy to drive revenue growth and meet or exceed sales targets
- Lead and manage a team of sales professionals, technical sales support, marketing and after sales resources
- Provide guidance and mentorship to develop a collaborative, down to earth and get it done culture, that drives performance
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key clients and partners
- Analyze market trends and competitor activity to identify opportunities for growth
* Extensive knowledge and experience from the heat pump industry, with at least 5 years in a sales management role
* Proven track record of driving revenue growth and meeting or exceeding sales targets
* Profound understanding of the industry and market trends
* Excellent leadership, communication, and negotiation skills
* Extensive network in the heat pump sales industry
Personality traits that will align with the Qvantum company culture:
Entrepreneurial mind set, being able to thrive and develop the business under uncertainty, where not all processes and support functions are in place
Pragmatic and no-nonsense
Long term focus
Gets energy from creation of a well-functioning team and the success of the team rather than the candidates’ own personal success
Terms of employment for the vacancy Country Manager
- Salary and bonus in line with market practice
- Attractive stock option program
- The office can be located in any part of the Netherlands where it makes sense from a business perspective, where the candidates home region is one important parameter
- The Managing Director will report to the Chairman of the board of directors
- The performance of the company will be evaluated on sales, marketing share and EBIT
Application to Jopportunity, Rutger van Drongelen: email@example.com
This assignment is exclusively assigned to Jopportunity. More info by mail or telephone 0653-757575, also after working hours or during the weekend.